Preventive measures to prevent a fire in the apartment
- Do not store gasoline, kerosene, or flammable liquids in your home.
- Buy at least one fire extinguisher.
- Do not leave electric and gas stoves, kettles, irons, radio tape recorders, televisions, heaters unattended.
- Monitor the health of electrical wiring, sockets.
- Do not connect multiple household electrical appliances (especially large ones) to the same outlet.
- Do not heat paints, varnishes, etc. over an open fire.
Actions in the event of a fire in an apartment
- Report fire to fire brigade
- If there is no danger of electric shock, proceed to extinguish the fire with water, or use a thick (wet cloth).
- Disconnect the power supply if there is a risk of electric shock.
- Flammable liquids cannot be extinguished with water (extinguish with sand, earth, fire extinguisher, if they are not there, cover with a thick cloth soaked in water).
- In the event of a fire, never open the vents and windows.
- If you are unable to extinguish the fire on your own, leave the apartment, closing the door behind you, and immediately report the fire to the neighbors and residents of the apartments located above and below.
- Meet the firefighters and escort them to the fire site.
- At high temperatures, strong smoke, it is necessary to crawl, since the temperature at the floor is much lower and there is more oxygen.
- If it is impossible to evacuate from the apartment through the staircase, when the escape routes are cut off, you must go to the balcony, closing the door behind you, and call for help from passers-by.
Actions in the event of a fire in a building
- Decide for yourself whether or not to go outside. Make sure there is no fire behind the door by placing your hand on the door or metal handle. If they are hot, then under no circumstances open the door.
- Do not enter where there is a high concentration of smoke and visibility is less than 10 meters.
If smoke and flame allow you to escape from the room (building) to the outside:
- Get away from use rather, using the main emergency escape routes.
- Disconnect the electricity along the way.
- Go to the exit on all fours, as harmful combustion products accumulate at the level of our growth and above.
- Close the door tightly behind you on the way.
- Leaving the room, do not try to go back, beware of yourself to the leading persons.
If smoke and flames in adjacent rooms do not allow you to go outside:
Cover yourself with a wet blanket (cloth).
Check if there is an opportunity to go to the roof or go down the fire escape.
If there is no way to evacuate, then to protect from heat and smoke, you must reliably seal your room:
- close the front door tightly, plug the cracks in the door from the inside of the room, using any fabric;
- close windows, vents, plug ventilation openings;
- if there is water, constantly wet the door, floor.
If the room is filled with smoke, move on all fours, covering your mouth and nose with a damp cloth (handkerchief, shirt sleeve), towards the window and stay near the window and attract the attention of people on the street.
Do not open or break windows under any circumstances, as the tightness of your room will be broken, which will lead to an increase in temperature and fire area.